Sales Associate Job Description
Taylor Brooke Farm LLC accepts applications on a rolling basis for sales associate positions. We typically hire in the spring but occasionally hire other times of the year.
Taylor Brooke Farm LLC is looking to hire additional sales associates. New hires may be trained to work at either the winery and/or brewery based on scheduling and availability.
The most important qualities a sales associate should have is patience, flexibility, cooperation, and a positive attitude. All other duties, responsibilities, and knowledge about beer and wine will be taught through staff training. Must be able to lift 40 pounds and be able to stand for a full shift.
This is an hourly, part-time, tipped position. We are looking for sales associates who can be available to work at least 1 shift a week. Must be available Saturday and/or Sunday. Monday availability a plus.
Farm and Facilities Assistant
Job Type: Seasonal (April-November). Potential for a year-round position.
- $16-$20/hr depending on experience and qualifications. (min wage $15.56)
- Employee discounts on beer and wine.
- Paid vacation for full-time employees after the first full year of employment
- Potential for continuing education related to farming and viticulture.
- 1 hour paid lunch
- Potential for overtime during harvest.
Job Description: The Farm and Facilities Assistant will assist the Property Manager in daily operations of the vineyard, farm, and physical plant. Candidates must be 18 years or older and physically capable of working rigorously in and out of doors, and in inclement weather conditions. The ideal candidate would have Pesticide Handling & Spraying experience, otherwise, you MUST be willing to learn. We are a small team, and the ability to work closely with others is required, as well as the ability to work independently when necessary. Safety is the most important part of the job, and we do not take that lightly.
AVAILABILITY DURING HARVEST IS REQUIRED. (appx. September-October)
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Safe and effective use of tractors and various farming equipment.
- Maintenance of grape vines, and farm crops.
- Maintenance of farm vehicles and equipment (will train)
- Landscape maintenance.
- Facility and Warehouse upkeep.
- Use of power tools.
- Effective communication to ensure employee safety.
- Maintaining a positive work environment.
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving.
Summary: Taylor Brooke Farm is the first craft Winery & Brewery in Connecticut, with an aggressive goal towards sustainability. We are an estate Winery which means over 50% of the wine we produce comes from grapes grown on site. Candidates should be willing to learn anything and everything to effectively run a craft farm operation. Experience with any of the previously described job responsibilities would be ideal but are optional as long as you are willing to learn. This is a unique job opportunity at a growing company. It is often a physically demanding job, and the health of our employees is of the utmost importance. We are a majority woman-owned and operated company, with a diverse, LGBTQ+ friendly staff.